Book Match: The Champaign Public Library's Reccomendations

By Elan Pan

Hello!

If you're like me, you like to read.

If you're like me, you're constantly in need of a new book! After all, you tear through books like a hungry person tears through pizza.

If you're like me (and even if you're not), you should check out the Champaign Public Library's Book Match form! (Link below) It's a book recommendation system that send your inquiry to a local librarian or literary critic who, based on your comments in the form, will send an email recommending books to you. the official website sets a range of 3-5 books, but depending on your comments, you may receive anything from 3-20 book recommendations, with high counts usually coming from series recommendations.

(Here comes the rambly author anecdote part...)

As I've stated above, I've used this Book Match form quite a few times myself. Every time I send an inquiry, I've been met with nothing but kind enthusiasm and helpful tips. I highly recommend this system, and hope you too can find some new favorites with it!

If you're interested, check it out here!

Comments

  1. This sounds very interesting, I'll check it out! Nice way to spice your blog up and post something different form everybody else! And you really got me with those first few sentences, I think I will make good use of this tool in the near future!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment