The Dark Artifices-A Review




The Dark Artifices-A Review
By: Mikayla Blanke

The Dark Artifices, a trilogy by Cassandra Clare, is a partner series to The Mortal Instruments, another series. While the books have some characters from the original series, it mainly focuses on new characters. The series is about two Shadowhunters (demon hunters), Emma and Julian, who are trying to stop Malcom Fade, an evil warlock. Emma and Julian also fall in love, which is extremely dangerous and against the law since they are parabatai (a close type of connection that deeply connects two people through magic), and there is a curse. The story quickly becomes even more complicated: Julian’s exiled family returns and Malcom raises a loved one, who is also one of Julian’s ancestors, from the dead. Throughout the books, Julian and Emma must find their way through an unforgiving and dangerous world while also taking care of each other, their friends, and their family.

I honestly really enjoyed this series, and often found it hard to put the books down when I got into them. They were unique, suspenseful, and detailed which made them interesting to read. I also believe that the books were very well planned and thought out. There were times that I would read something and think “why is this detail important?” but later in the book, I realized that it lead up to something else. This unique quality made the book seem very well-rounded and complete. I would recommend this series to anyone because it talks about a wide range of subjects; the books includes themes of magic, action, romance, mystery, and more. No matter who reads the books, they will most likely find something in them that they enjoy.

My only criticism for The Dark Artifices is that the books are super long. The books all have about 700-900 pages, making them a very long read. If you are thinking about checking out these books, make sure you have the time for them. However, the story is suspenseful and full of plot twists, so even though the books are long, I never got bored of the series. Despite the length, I hope you guys decide to check out this series!

Comments

  1. Wonderful review! These books sound like they are full of action, which makes books interesting to read. You did a great job summarizing trilogy, and you're opinion on the books provided me with a good sense of the amount of detail the book contains. Also, thanks for the heads up about the length of these books -- this will be useful information if I decide to read this series! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! I really enjoyed reading this review and I think you did a great job summarizing the main points of the series. Your thoughts on the importance of the details in the trilogy helped me understand the intricacies of the plot, and I'm glad to hear that this series applies to a wide range of subjects. This definitely sounds like something I'd read, so thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment